1. A retro swimsuit like this one from For Luna. It doesn't have to be red, but it definitely needs polka dots:
2. A beach tote to take down to the lake. This one with the screen-printed owl would be nice, from WhiteAppleThreads on Etsy.
3. A lace parasol for creating shade while reading on a park bench.
4. One or five of these. It's called a Seductive Swan, and it involves blackberries, vodka, and lemonade. The recipe is here.
5. And really, plane tickets to Antarctica would be the best.
Are you in the middle of the heat wave, too? What are you doing to stay cool?