09 July 2011

10 Things, vol 17

10 Things is my weekly list of things that are putting a smile on my face right now. Won't you share your own grin-inducing items and events in the comments? 

You guys, I had the best morning ever! My friend E. and I met up at the farmer's market, had some coffee and snacks, wandered over to the Japanese garden (where we got to watch a wedding in progress!), then took a walk out along the lake. All the walking was fabulous, the weather was just right, and I loved having the chance to catch up with her and talk about life and goals. She's one of those friends who has a completely positive influence on my faith and my self-confidence; we are just on the exact same page about what it means to live your faith and how that translates into interacting with others. After such a refreshing morning, I'm feeling really energized to accomplish a few tasks around the house and then just sit on the couch to watch movies and eat some summer snacks. These are the other things making me smile:

1. upcoming concerts in the park
2. dirty feet from wearing sandals everywhere - a true mark of summer!
3. thriving houseplants
4. sweet corn on the cob
5. casting on for a new pair of socks
6. the pumpkin cream cheese mini muffins I ate this morning
7. playing cards in the park while the sun sets
8. making friendship bracelets
9. doodling with colored pencils
10. listening to the breeze in the leaves outside


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...