19 January 2010

Oldies but goodies

A few hats knit for friends that I finally finished this weekend!
The first hat was requested by a friend. Here is Meret from Woolly Wormhead.


This hat used 1.5 balls of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Camel Heather since I did an extra repeat for additional slouch. This is the third time I've knit a Meret, and I've used different fibers every time (a silk-wool blend, a chunky weight wool, and a straightforward worsted weight). It looks great in every manifestation, and I have worn my own nearly every day this winter - it's super warm despite the lace.

The second is the Ballard Slouch Hat by SweetGeorgia.

I knit this with Lion Brand Wool-Ease in a light heather gray. This is my second time knitting from this pattern, and I can recommend it wholeheartedly. The instructions and charts are straightforward and simple, and the finished product is definitely wearable - not too slouchy, but just enough to be stylish.

Tomorrow, I'll show you progress on the first donation hat I started. It's coming along really well!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Both are fabulous hats!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...