24 January 2008

Did you know?

I cannot for the life of me get any properly-lit pictures right now, so I'm going to try again (maybe even outside) tomorrow afternoon. I have two pairs of socks to show you, for goodness' sake!
So I thought while I wait for the right amount of sunlight, I'll answer some fun questions...

1. Childhood ambition?
To be a college professor of English Literature (ever since 3rd grade)... things haven't changed that much!

2. Best/worst weather (choose one)?
Simultaneously sunny and windy; it's like a dirty trick, and if you want to pretend like you're warm, you have to trick yourself into concentrating on the sunny part.

3. Favorite food?
Probably egg salad

4. Current book?
Goddesses, Whores, Wives, and Slaves: Women in Classical Antiquity (Sarah Pomeroy). Why, yes, I do read academic books for fun before bedtime!

5. Guilty pleasure?
Seriously trashy tv. The Tudors? Yes, please!

6. One quirk?
I can't sleep with socks on, no matter how cold my feet get without them.

7. Something you’ve never done that most people have:
Had a cavity.

8. Favorite drink:
Ice water.

9. Oddest job you’ve had:
Student caller in the Alumni Giving Office at my undergrad: "Hello, would you like to give us some money?"

10. Last song you listened to (on purpose, not on the radio):
David Gray, This Year's Love

11. Cities/towns/villages you’ve lived in, in chronological order:
Albany, CA; Long Beach, CA; Northstar-at-Tahoe, CA; Berkeley, CA; Long Beach/Lakewood, CA; Hercules, CA; Tacoma, WA; Chicago, IL

12. Teenage ambition?
With rather unexciting single-mindedness, I stuck with the college professor plan.

13. Movie you’d most like to be a character in:
Oh, probably Mists of Avalon. Is that really weird? It's just that the movie's been on my mind a lot lately, and I think I want to watch it again.

1 comment:

AmyArtisan said...

I had one of those Alumni fundraising jobs when I was in college as well. Being on the other side of it now, I always chuckle when I get the call & wonder who is winning the pledge tally that night. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...