26 January 2008

Socking it up

Finally!
Today's post is made possible by a combination of lovely diffuse morning light and my patience to take about 40 pictures and weed through until I found the best ones. Check it out:

First, a work in progress - scarf for my BFF Nicole in Lion Brand "Incredible", a ribbon yarn that looks pretty nifty in seed stitch.

FO #1, long overdue


Pattern: Gentleman's Fancy Sock from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks
Yarn and Needles: Hand-dyed sock yarn that I bought at Renegade Chicago this past fall, US2s


Mods: I knit the socks on US2s, because I didn't own any 0s at the time I started (Come to think of it, I still don't, but I've got 1s, which is closer). I substituted my own standard heel flap for the French Heel recommended in the pattern, because I know the one I use will fit me.


Thoughts: I love these socks, especially the cheerful colors! They're very very soft, so I'm a little worried about wearing them out quickly if I use them as everyday socks, but I guess it would be an excuse to knit more...


FO#2

Pattern: None, my own standard sock guesstimation technique

Yarn and Needles: Regia Superwash, two 50g balls in one of the Kaffe Fassett colorways. I have enough of each ball left over to make matching mitts, I think. US1s.


Thoughts: I loved the experience of knitting these on US1s. They didn't take any longer than the socks I used to knit on US3s, but the fabric seems a lot more sturdy, and they fit better around my ankle. I also just can't get over the colors in this yarn. These socks make me think about going to the beach at Lake Tahoe in the summer, where you can see all of these colors, including the sand under all that clear water. Can you tell I'm ready for winter to be over?!

That's all for now. I'm so glad I was finally able to get some decent shots.
Happy Knitting :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...