13 July 2006

Papers, Pictures, Purling

In that order:

One paper is just about ready for a completed draft! I'm hoping to churn that out over Friday night and all day Saturday, then do revisions for turning it in early next week. I have a working thesis, and I've been slowly working through my mountain of research books, pulling out quotations and relevant information, so I should be set to turn my 18-page outline thingy into a 20-25 page paper this weekend. Go me! By the way, this one is about the reconfiguration of the Helen/Trojan War story in Herodotus' Histories and how he transforms the story into a lesson about the dangers of overstepping natural boundaries. According to him, the gods REALLY don't like that kind of thing.

A few more pictures from my vacation.
This is the bf and I out in front of Pike Place Market in Seattle, when I attempted to take the picture myself, trying to keep both our faces in the frame and include the sign in the background. Didn't work out so well, but you get the idea. At least you can see that it was a really beautiful day!
This is two of my dorky siblings in Lake Tahoe. The other one was busy house-sitting in the Bay Area, so she didn't get to come with us :(
I'm still knitting and purling! Another dishcloth, khaki and white, is languishing next to my computer, calling my name while I read through books about women in the Greek world and Herodotus' take on Homer. I'll try to take a picture of it later this afternoon, but the last few days have been really grey and muggy around here. Bleh.

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

you need to learn how to knit and read at the same time :)

cute bf!

Greek gods: I seem to remember something about them not liking people approaching godliness. Perhaps they were worried about job security....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...