17 February 2006

Tada

Two "tada moments" to share quickly this morning -

#1 MITTEN!!! The skulls are there, and they look appropriately frightening/endearing. Woohoo! There is no thumb, but I think I'll work on mitten #2 before making thumbs.

I'm well on my way to Olympic gold... check out some other fantastic projects from knitters using DPNs here.

#2 DETANGLING!!! No, not my hair, though that is usually a feat requiring patience and determination as well. I'm talking about the scary skein of twisted up yarn. I've made some progress (you can all cheer now).


Happy beginning of the weekend, everyone ;)

6 comments:

chris said...

Your mitten looks AWESOME!! Way to go with the fair isle! There's definitely gold on the horizon for you. ;-) And hooray for progress on the tangled yarn! Good luck with the rest of the detangling and take care, Allison! :-)

Anonymous said...

(quoting dragon tales....no comment) looooooove it! you did a great job on it!!

Knitroglycerin said...

Ooooh, look at you go! It looks great! I smell a gold medal all the way from DC.

Anonymous said...

The first mitten looks great! The colors add a fun twist to the design. :) With the cold weekend here in Chicago it's perfect weather for staying in & knitting on! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Allison,

My gf and I are going to be in Chicago over spring break for a taping of Jerry Springer! You should find some time to grab lunch with us or something! Lemme know!

Wes - biomata@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, that knitting is beautiful. Very well done. Jerry Springer? Didn't know that was still going. Nothing says romance like trailer trash having affairs with their cousins while smashing each other with chairs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...