05 March 2005

Look! Another Post!

I knit a whole bunch last night, since it's been ages since I've actually been able to sit down and finish anything. Ah, Spring Break, how I do long for thee... Only one week to go! And then it'll be time for corned beef, potatoes, cabbage, and Darby O'Gill. I can't wait!
While the girls and I hung out watching bad tv (could Stacey and Clinton be just a little more cruel, please?), I made a nice little cowl in soft blue yarn so that I can keep my neck warm without the horribleness of my scarves getting stuck on jacket velcro (I always feel horrible ripping them away from the coat - all of the hard work I put into those stitches, and the stupid jacket is tearing them apart!). So, for your enjoyment, here is the first ever Perknitious original pattern (if you think it's complicated enough to call a pattern...)!

Yarn: 2 skeins (or 1 working from both ends) any color Caron Simply Soft - the only nice acrylic I've found
Needles: 12" circular, size 10 or 10.5
Using two strands of yarn held together, CO 64 stitches
Join and work in the round, K2 P2 ribbing every row for 8"
BO very loosely
TADA!

Hopefully I'll be able to post a picture soon. :)
Right now I'm working on some more self-striping socks, this time with a navy base and light blue, grey, and brown stripes. Should be quite nice, if I can find time to work on them.
That's all for now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...