15 January 2012

A flurry of FOs, #1

What better way to welcome this snowy week than by sharing a flurry of finished objects?

First up, a sweater that has been hanging out in my yarn pile for way way way too long.
Say hello to the Cable-Down Raglan, designed by the genius Stefanie Japel and available in Interweave Knits.



Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Hollyberry, not sure how many skeins. The color is very tough to capture on a sunny winter morning, but it's a very lovely red, and the on-body photos are most accurate.
Needles: US 5 32 inch circular, US 6 dpns (for sleeves), cable needle (which for me just means a US 3 dpn for holding stitches temporarily)




Mods: None. This pattern is really easy to follow, so much so that I experienced no confusion whatsoever even though I worked on it sporadically with multiple breaks several months long.



Verdict: I am shocked by how flattering this sleeve length is with its little bell shape, and I love the color.  Obviously cables are one of my favorite design features, maybe only second to skinny stripes, so that makes this finished object a big winner in the "I knit this and it looks super complicated, so you'll think I'm very clever" category of handmade garments.



My Ravelry project page is here.



2 comments:

kathy b said...

WOWZA. YOu know how to knit girl!! YOu should have been on the Golden Globes

Molly said...

It's gorgeous! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...