14 July 2011

Inspired: Bedrooms

I don't know if it has something to do with the fact that I've been sleeping in so much lately (three cheers for summer!), but I've been obsessed with hunting down photos of pretty beds and bedrooms on weheartit and Pinterest. When my big move happens at the end of August, I'll have a chance to redo all my rooms.  This is a collection of inspiring scenes that will definitely guide my shopping and furniture-arranging choices.






all photos from weheartit

Things I like: 
white linens (then when I want to change the look of the room, which happens about three times a year, I can do it with color accents instead of buying a new duvet cover), extra pillows, textured fabrics, book friendly nightstands and a small bedside lamp, art or some sort of non-traditional headboard

If you got to rearrange or redesign your bedroom, what would you be sure to include?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a fourposter with white linen drapes hanging from the ceiling (because I'm fancy like that) that are held back with tie-backs during the day. Whenever I want to mix things up, I change the colour or style of them. And if I'm feeling really adventurous I change the shams on the accent pillows.

Sleep is good, eh? Enjoy your summer!

Allison said...

That sounds like the perfect way to change things around! I am seriously tempted to get one of those giant mosquito nets to hang up or to rig up some drapery system. It depends on what I decide about a headboard, though (right now I just have the mattress and boxspring).

kathy b said...

I'd change our headboard. It is metal and very thin and almost non existent. I'd like something wood that is solid and makes a warm statement...hmmm\now you have me thinking!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...