07 January 2011

Friday: Link Love


First link love post of the new year! I found some great ones this week that I'm really excited to share with you.

***Lots of bloggers are sharing their 2011 goals, which makes for fun and inspiring reading.  One of my favorite lists can be found in a series of posts here:
Wild Olive

She's planning to create a signature color palette for her projects and her blog. What a cool idea! I think it will be neat to see how many of the colors are ones she already uses frequently and how many are brand new.

***Speaking of color for 2011, Pantone has chosen their color of the year, and it's a great one!


The little blurb on their site describes Honeysuckle as
"Courageous. Confident. Vital. A brave new color, for a brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you and carry you through the year. It’s a color for every day – with nothing 'everyday' about it."


***New-to-me artist Cori Dantini draws lovely birds and girls with pretty hair. Her blog right now is featuring a painting a day! I just ordered this print for my living room (where there is, as you might have guessed, a lot of pink).


image from Cori's Etsy shop

*** Sarah at SillyGrrl is running a giveaway right now for this lovely ring. You can enter through midnight tonight, so pop over and check it out!


*** Project ReStyle (hosted by the always fabulous Elsie and Rachel) is another fabulous source of inspiration for creative projects of all sorts! This mini tutorial from A Pretty Penny for making a necklace out of an old t-shirt definitely caught my eye, and now I have my own new piece. I'm undecided about whether or not I'm officially signing up for Project ReStyle (one project a week on top of my knitting and school commitments is a bit daunting), but at least for this week I'm in :)




I'm looking forward to a weekend of downtown fun (N. and I have plans to see Black Swan tomorrow night!), knitting, reading, and putting together a set of neat posts for next week, including the final installment of my 28 Before 28 goals. What are you doing this weekend?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...