05 January 2011

FO: Socks 4evah

These two pairs were a Christmas commission for a good friend, and I loved having the freedom to match up yarns and patterns. The blue and khaki is Red Heart's Heart&Sole sock yarn, which makes a good, thick sock.  The maroon is that gorgeous skein hand-dyed by my knitting group buddy Lisa, and it's a merino, bamboo, silk blend - incredibly soft and shiny.


Both pairs were knit on US1 dpns from patterns in Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks.



Ah, to be a sock basking in the sun! Today I'll be running errands, cleaning my apartment, and hopefully catching up on all my reading while taking breaks for spinning (photos tomorrow!).  What are your midweek plans?

1 comment:

Julie said...

ooh, awesome socks!! they do look very happy in the sunshine. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...