31 August 2010

New

A few new things to share today -

* A very kind blog mention over at Craftaria - thank you, Marta!!

* The refrigerator pickles, ready for eating (so tasty!)


* A new plant for my living room windowsill. Love the little violet blossoms!


* I joined the Fall Swap on Ravelry, and I'm enjoying sending notes back and forth with my swap partner - I can't wait to find the perfect project to knit for her :)

* Handspun from the alpaca roving I bought at Stitches. It's about 300-400 yards of fingering weight singles, slightly overspun in parts, but certainly an improvement over my last yarn, and I'm really happy with it! I'm planning a lacy scarf, and I'm looking for pattern suggestions. Any thoughts?


*Finished cowls in a new design I'm working up for my shop - I'm also planning a new batch of hats, and I  should have a huge update in mid-September , just in time for fall accessory shopping.


Doesn't Fall just feel like a season for new beginnings? I can't wait for the weather to cool off a bit so I can enjoy more evening walks by the lake, pumpkin spice lattes, movie nights on the couch, and tons more knitting. What's your favorite part of this season?

2 comments:

cb said...

oh i love your new plant too! the flowers are so cute :)

i love alpaca yarn! did you know that alpaca is hypoallergenic!the color is beautiful, is it indgo dyed?

xo,
cb

Allison said...

Thanks! I'm actually not sure about the dye in this fiber, but I'd guess it's an acid dye rather than organic. It really is gorgeous, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...