27 August 2010

FO: Simply Lovely Lace Socks



Finishing socks is so satisfying, especially when I haven't had socks on the needles in a while. Here is the latest pair, cast off last night and with ends woven in this morning.


Yarn: Berocco Ultra Alpaca Fine in Blueberry Mix
Needles: US1 dpns
Pattern: Simply Lovely Lace Socks from Interweave Knits, Spring 2006



Verdict: Success! I think they'll be great for fall wear, and I have my fingers crossed that the weather will begin cooling down soon. Credit for the choice of pattern (which worked beautifully with this yarn) goes to Knitterboi, who has unfortunately gone back to D.C. for the school year :( We had so much fun hanging out this summer, and I'm really going to miss having him in town.


On the plus side, his departure has resulted in a sudden sort of domestic nesting extravaganza, and refrigerator pickles are in the works. I'll let you know how they turn out as soon as they're ready for testing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...