09 April 2010

On the needles - update

It's sunny outside this morning, and I'm loving it! I have plans to stop by the public library and pick up some new just-for-fun reading. I'm slowly working my way through the Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse series, not reading them in any particular order, but enjoying the snippets of story each book provides. Have you read anything good lately that I should try?

I haven't had much knitting time in the last week, but I'm working on an Aestlight Shawl using this gorgeous purple and gold yarn hand-dyed by my friend Lisa.

It's a 630 yard skein of wool nylon sock weight, and I had some trouble deciding what to make with it - tall socks? a slouchy hat? Instead I decided to take the plunge and join the 10 Shawls in 2010 group on Ravelry. The Aestlight is my first one for the year, which means I will have to knit fast this summer to catch up, but that sounds like a great project, especially since laceweight projects travel well, and I have plans for a trip to Boston, the Cape, Maine, and PEI in June.
I'll be taking some WIP pictures this weekend, so I'll be able to show you the shawl in progress and some newly finished socks. Hope you have a great Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...