16 March 2010

FO: Summer Lovin' Socks


New blue socks, fresh off the needles and ready to share -

The pattern: Summer Lovin' from Knitting Nonstop

Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll handpainted in Lullaby
This picture is a bit closer to the actual color, which has some deep purple tones, but I couldn't resist the sunny shots that made these socks look summery and bright!

Needles: US1 dpns

Mods: I subbed in my own heel flap, since I like to make pretty deep heels for my big feet and I like the way the slipped stitch pattern wears.

Verdict: Aside from the fact that every time I say or type the pattern name I get the song from Grease stuck in my head, I am thoroughly pleased with these socks. I think the pattern works well with the yarn because the lace motif is bold enough not to be obscured by the subtle striping. Success!

Hopefully tomorrow I will be showing off the fabulous yarn I bought last night at an extreme discount... yum :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

gorgeous!! and I love that bright, summery blue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...