07 April 2009

Socks in progress, etc.

I'm working on a couple projects right now. But first, I should report that two pairs of socks are recently completed, both on US1s with Knit Picks yarn. One is from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. This is the Child's Sock in Miranda Pattern, knit with KnitPicks Risata (a cotton nylon blend) in Waterslide.

This next pair is also knit with Risata, this time in Fairytale. I made up the pattern myself, and it's just a faux-cable at alternating heights on a 2x2 rib.

Closeup!

I've decided I like this whole knitting two pairs at a time thing, which basically means I knit the first sock of one pair and then start a second pair. Having two patterns going at once helps me maintain interest and means I complete pairs faster. Right now I'm working on another Risata sock in hot pink "Babydoll", using the Nancy Bush pattern for the Gentleman's Sock for Evening Wear. Hot pink is both gentlemanly and appropriate for evening, right? The other sock is with KnitPicks Essential kettle dyed in gold/yellow/mustard, and I'm making Tesserae from Knitspot.

And in entirely un-sock-related news, I've started Evelyn Clark's Swallowtail Shawl in a really spring-y green.

Pictures of all this progress as soon as we get a sunny day around here! Here's hoping it's today...

2 comments:

Terby said...

Great socks! I think I might like your pattern the best.

Unknown said...

Where do all these beautiful socks go? I never see you wearing any of them. And you never give me any.

See you tomorrow! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...