29 February 2008

Leap-Day

Thirty days hath November, April, June, and September.
All the rest have thirty-one,
Except for February. Which only has 28. Except sometimes it has 29.

I love how that little jingle starts out as a sing-song rhyme and then completely breaks down in the face of exceptions to its simple rules.


I'm spending my leap-day doing homework, trying to wrestle down the giant pile of dirty laundry in my closet, and generally playing catch-up. I might also sneak in a little knitting time. Rusted Root is past the point where I put the sleeve stitches on waste yarn, so it's a lot of simple stockinette and a bit of lace from here on out.

If I had to use one word to sum up this month, I think it would have to be "exhaustion." I've been so tired, it's sort of unbelievable. I can't wait for the sun to come back and for the weather to warm up, just a bit, so that I can get some energy back. I need a rush of motivation to get through the finals week that's coming up here in about 14 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey cph,

The jingle actually goes:

30 Days hath September, April, June and November,

All the rest have 31, excepting February alone,

Which has 28 days clear,

And 29 in each leap year.

The rhyme is maintained through the whole thing. Dhlon hoti, California History is not the only thing taught in 4th grade.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...