13 January 2008

New Yarns, New Project

The fluffy purple thing is finished, all piled up on its fuzzy self on top of a pile of scarves, hats, and armwarmers I need to photograph for an Etsy update. Until I've done my mini photoshoot, I'll share some pictures (poor quality, but the colors are fairly accurate) of some of the yarn I got for Christmas!
Yes, this is Regia sock yarn in one of the Kaffe Fassett colorways. Good choice, Mom!
Some Cascade 220 Paints in a color called David's Eyes. I am not sure who David is, but he sure has pretty eyes.
Last but not least, two colors of wool (well, okay, the tweedy one is a wool-acrylic blend).

I'm using the charcoal shade of the Patons to make the slouchy version of Gretel. I'm about 3/4 of the way finished, so I'll wait until it's done and I can get a picture outside - it's really hard to see the cable definition on such a dark yarn indoors generally, so I have no hope of getting a good picture.
That's all I've got for the moment. Now it's back to translating for me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Outside of the context, "I'm using the charcoal shade of the Patons to make the slouchy version of Gretel." is a really cryptic and entertaing sentence.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...