08 November 2005

Mary


Meet Mary (Jane to follow later this week) -



Yarn: KnitPicks Merino Style, Rhubarb, about a third of a skein
Needles: US 7 dpns
Started: 11-7, pm
Finished: 11-8, am
New Skills: Turkish Cast-On, Kitchener grafting (yeah, you would think I'd know this one by now, but I've never used it right before. Something just clicked this time)


Another overnight knit :) I started this before I went to bed, got sucked in by the fun of the Turkish cast-on (toe up is now seeming even more fun to me), and couldn't wait to finish it up this morning. Here are lots of strangely angled shots. Please excuse the pajama pants, as Tuesdays are my lazy mornings, and ignore any hairy leg you may see, as I've been getting up late and having quick showers.

I'm such a fan of the heel construction - pretty pretty decreases!


I think that Mary here is slightly large on me, but she will be perfect for my bigfoot sister!


There's still lots of time to join the knit-along! These are going to make fantastic Christmas gifts - I'm probably going to make about 2 more pairs, myself :)

2 comments:

chris said...

You sure are banging these items out! Love Mary- so sweet! Your stitches look beautiful and so evenly tensioned. Can't wait to meet Jane soon! You just may sucker me into this KAL yet....;-)

erin said...

I have been blowing through all my odd balls of yarn, cranking out these puppies. I'm so glad you're having fun with these.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...