21 September 2012

FO: XOX Fall

Is it really Fall? It sure feels like it outside, and I'm wearing a long-sleeved shirt. Almost time for sweaters, hot chocolate, and crunching in the leaves!!!  The cravings for tomato soup and grilled cheese have also started to set in.


In celebration (well, really in a state of optimistic anticipation, because it was pretty hot last week), I made an effort to finish these socks that have been languishing in a project bag since... wait for it... October 2010. Oh yeah. Vintage socks right here.


Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks Stripes in colorway Sienna - I quite like this yarn. It's very firm, and the color changes are fantastic.
Pattern: XOX Socks - Hugs & Kisses by Wollhuhn. The cable pattern is both simple and, after one repeat, fairly intuitive.  The ribbing along the back is pretty and stretchy, and I am starting to see the merits of a plain stockinette heel flap.


Mods: None. I might have gone my own way when it came to the toe, but I don't think that really counts as a change to the pattern.
Verdict: Yes, yes, yes. I heart these socks. Hugs & Kisses for everyone! My Ravelry project page is here.


In other news, my apartment is being demolished so that all the plumbing can be replaced. Everything is covered in a fine layer of plaster dust, and there is no hot water for washing the dishes that have been so coated. I am trying to look on the bright side and convince myself that this means a free pass to order takeout and immediately change out of fancy clothes into pajama pants whenever I walk in the door. Right? Right.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...