19 February 2012

FO: February blues


Another handspun project! I've been pretty uninspired about knitting lately, but using handspun has helped me get back on track. It's really just the best kind of yarn to work with, I think.

Yarn: My own handspun from some batts I got in a Ravelry destashing sale, wool with sparkles.


Needles: US 7 dpns, set of 5

Pattern: Improvised mitt with a 1x1 twisted rib cuff, stockinette body, and thumb gusset made with fancy yarn-overs. The palm bind-off is also 1x1 twisted rib.


Verdict: Yes! They are lovely and soft and they have sparkles in them, so what more could you ask for, really?



You may also note that the color of the floor changes in a few of these pictures. Sadly, I do not live in a magical house where the floor is chameleon-like; I just adjusted the photos in an editor to keep the yarn color accurate because it's so pretty!
Also, bread of the week, destined for grilled cheese sandwiches:


Today I'm off for a yarn crawl around Chicago with my local knitting ladies. I cannot wait to show you the haul (I have big plans, including sweater-knitting plans). What's going on with your Sunday?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...