19 August 2011

Friday: Link Love


Happy Friday, friends! There is a lot of fun in store for this weekend, and it's already been a packed week. I've been hanging out with friends every single night, which is the perfect way to end the long days of studying.  Last night I got to try out a new (and delicious) restaurant, Tuesday I went sunbathing by the lake, and tomorrow... I'm going FISHING! I've never been before, and it's finally going to happen, with live bait, no less. I will obviously take a bunch of pictures and tell you all about it :)

This week's links are about food. I needed to do a search for other recipes that I can make immediately to sort of drive out the currently-unrealistic "make your own macarons" obsession. I'm not sure it actually worked to eliminate my macaron-craving, but these dishes do look amazing. Dinner party for me (and you, if you make them, too)!

*** First, we will make some "creamy stovetop corn with poblano chiles" because the NYT says it's an excellent side dish.

image from nytimes

*** I think the proper main dish to go along with that corn is grilled shrimp with cilantro, lime, and peanuts.

thank you, Martha

*** Wait! We forgot the salad course. Good thing there is a quick recipe for quinoa salad with black beans, avocado, and cumin-lime dressing.

 image and recipe from Eating for England

*** And for dessert? No! Not macarons! Instead let's eat some orange clementine pudding.

recipe from Cooking Light magazine; found via Kitchen Trial and Error

*** And along with all this deliciousness, I would drink this watermelon pink tequila cocktail.

found at Refinery 29

What's on your menu for the weekend? 

2 comments:

Yarny Days said...

This food looks so yummy, it is talking to me!

kathy b said...

tonight is Meatloaf, and our garden tomato and mozzarella salad....
'

enjoy that fishing...I love to fish

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...