27 October 2009

FO: Mallard Slouch Hat

Another finished project! This one just flew off the needles on Saturday, when I got to spend some knitting time at a cafe with a good friend. What a great way to start my weekend :)
This is SweetGeorgia's Ballard Slouch Hat, but I'm calling my version the Mallard Slouch Hat because of the great green color of my yarn.

Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted, in Esperanza Verde colorway. I received this skein as part of a swap on Ravelry - many thanks to my thoughtful New Hampshire swap partner!
Needles: US 7 and 8 circulars from my Boye interchangeable set


Verdict: The pattern was easy to follow, and the finished product is beautiful. It was a nice match between yarn and pattern, too, since the semi-solid colorway makes the lace pop. This will make a fantastic present for a certain person, and I know it will get some wear this winter (on an actual head, not on my can of disinfecting wipes).
Yesterday I also got a chance to finish up a cabled cowl (it's the prototype for a friend's gift, and it was good to work out the kinks of the pattern before working with the yarn I chose for her). I'll be sure to post pictures of both cowls when I'm all finished, and I'm hoping to offer the pattern on Ravelry, too.
Happy knitting, friends!

1 comment:

Team Knit said...

I love your mallard slouch! And it is a great name. :)

- Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...