03 May 2009

Air, Part 1

Project Spectrum has moved on to the East, with air and wood as the focus, characterized by the color yellow. I'm embracing the challenge of working with a color I don't totally love, and I'm definitely interested in seeing what I can do with 'air' in terms of patterns, yarns, and knitted textures.
First, here's a sort of cheater installation, which is a project I actually finished in April but which fits with the theme.

Gold Tesserae Socks


Pattern: Anne Hanson's Tesserae (Rav link)
Yarn: Knit Picks Essentials Kettle Dyed in Gold (my skeins were from different dye lots, so one sock is more yellow, the other more orange. I don't mind)


Needles: US1 dpns

And here's a project in progress that fits more into the theme of air than anything else. BSG-inspired Viper Pilots socks (Rav link).
I'm using Knit Picks Imagination handpainted yarn in Looking Glass, which shows off the twisted knits and cabling really well and just looks darn pretty in the process. More info when they're done!

1 comment:

Carrie Penny said...

Pretty! Can I pet them?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...