08 April 2013

Socks, about to be put on hold


For some reason, I'm having trouble feeling motivated to work on these socks. The first one is finished, I love to work on corrugated ribbing, and the prospect of 2 row stockinette stripes is usually really compelling. You would think I'd be chomping at the bit to get going on sock number 2. I don't know what's wrong with me!



That last sentence is a lie. What's wrong with me is that I don't like either orange or brown, but I made the choice to put the two colors together in an attempt to use up sock yarn scraps. My thrifty "don't buy new sock yarn when you've got a storage tub full of the stuff" attitude has officially backfired in the form of these socks. Someone is certain to love them, but it isn't me, and that means I'm going to start working on a different project instead of finishing up the second sock of this pair.


Do you ever get halfway through a project and realize it's just not your jam? What's your strategy? For me, for now, it's goodbye, little fall-themed socks, and hello to my Beekeeper's Quilt!


1 comment:

Julie said...

I love the corrugated rib on those socks. I know what you mean, this happens to me more often than I'd like. And you know, if you're not feeling it, you might as well work on something that you ARE feeling. I'm not suggesting you frog it right away, but definitely take some time to knit something else and see ow you feel in a month or two.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...