25 November 2012

More socks? Why, yes!

Happy holiday weekend! I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving and are enjoying the last day of this restful weekend. I am certainly giving thanks for the chance to catch up on sleep, catch up on knitting, and catch up with some very good friends over meals, movies, and glasses of wine.



This whole process of using up sock leftovers with skinny stripes and interesting color combinations is pretty fun.  I'm currently staving off second sock syndrome and my annoyance with all the dangly, tangling ends by alternating between pairs.  That means more works in progress and fewer FOs, since I'm still working on the socks from last post and I've started a pair in this new green-orange colorway.  I've got one of each and a start on the cuff of the second primary color sock.

By the way, because of my limited budget and my ridiculous stash, if you're a member of my family, you're probably getting socks or something else knitted for Christmas. Just to warn you...


3 comments:

Word Lily said...

Ooh, I like these even more than the other pair. Plus, fewer ends in these ones, right?

Allison said...

Thanks! The primary color ones have vertical floats so I won't have to weave in at the end, but the yarn balls get all tangled up while I'm working. That's way easier to manage with just two colors.

kathy b said...

SOck recipients are the LUCKIEST. Your stipeys are great

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...