29 November 2011

Big knitting plans

Hello, lovelies! Let me first say that yesterday was not my favorite day.  My ability to concentrate on reading at the library was pretty horrible, and I had a number of teaching commitments that I was just not excited about.  Everything went okay, I did get some important work done, and I got to read some very pleasant and complimentary student evaluations, so it wasn't a total bust, but I am hoping things get much better today and for the rest of this week...
One of the reasons life is looking up is that I have big knitting plans now that there are (almost!!!! so close!!!!) no more classes.

First, I just ordered 10 skeins of this yarn
Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Fjord Heather
for this sweater:
Castle pullover by Cecily Glowik MacDonald

I have had this pattern for well over a year, but I haven't gotten around to actually making the sweater.  It seems like a good birthday sweater, right? I can both get the yarn and crank this thing out for my 12/15 birthday, I'm sure! Only half kidding.

I also have full skeins of green and brown tonals, left over from the six socks project, to make myself a pair of winter mittens.
Knit Picks Stroll Tonal Sock Yarn in Kindling
Knit Picks Stroll Tonal Sock Yarn in Canopy
Now I just have to choose a pattern, and there are a couple of great candidates hanging out in my Rav queue, such as
Squirrelly Swedish Mittens by Elli Stubenrach

or Chyrsanthemums by Heather Desserud

What's in your knitting line-up?

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Oh you can make that sweater!!!

I love the mum mitts.

I have socks on the needles. I need to make one more quick cowl for Christmas. I would like to make a baby sweater.....for some odd reason! I should make my hubby a hat too. Your love of wool of the andes is wonderful...I wish I could wear more wool

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...