19 October 2011

FO: Pink Monkeys


 Yarn: Ella Rae lace merino
Needles: US 1 (2.25mm) dpns, set of 5



Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A.
Dates: End of September - October 13, 2011


Mods: I did my usual slip-stitch heel pattern for these ones, and I definitely made the heel flap longer than the pattern calls for. Apparently I have a rather large instep, so extra depth in the heel pocket (I made that term up) is helpful.
Verdict: I love them, and I'm really glad I did a knit-a-long with Pippa. I saw more of her sock progress last night at knitting group, and hers are super cute, too! We're going to be the most stylish people studying in that stinking library.




P.S. Don't forget to scroll down and enter the giveaway!

enter, enter, enter


4 comments:

Julie said...

what a sweet pair of socks!! that's a really pretty pink colourway.

Unknown said...

These look so pretty! I really want to knit a pair of Monkey's and these may have just been the thing to give me that extra push.

Allison said...

Thanks! I am so happy with them :)

Anonymous said...

Is there any way Monkeys can go wrong, really? They're lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...