24 October 2011

FO: Milanese Lace Topper



Yarn: Knit Picks Swish worsted tonals in Thunderhead
Needles: US 7 circular and dpns



Pattern: Milanese Lace Topper by tante ehm
Mods: I changed the brim and did an extra lace repeat before the crown decreases
Verdict: Hooray! Like I said while I was still knitting this hat, I think I'd like to make a few more.  The lace is quite pretty, and while I enjoy this slouchy version, making one more like the fitted version the pattern actually instructs could also be fun.



The best part is that now I have a new fall and winter hat for when it starts getting really chilly around here!

3 comments:

kathy b said...

What a great FO! I love your hat. THe colors and the subtle shading really sow off the cables.. Well done ALlison!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, it's beautiful! I've been dreaming of a hat like that, I'm going to have to see if you have any etsy :)

Allison said...

Thanks, Kathy and Kyla! There's something wonderful about a lace hat for the winter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...