19 November 2010

Atlanta-bound

This weekend is the big annual US conference for scholars in my field, so I'm getting on a flight to Atlanta for a few days of listening to papers, catching up with old friends, and exploring a new city.  Of course I'm hoping to find a yarn shop, but if that doesn't work out I'll settle for touring the World of Coca-Cola and checking out this amazing looking basilica that's just a couple of blocks from my hotel.

In recent knitting news, I finished this project:

 L-R, Knit Picks Cotlin in Violet, Surf, and Planetarium

 held together for a custom order cowl

in a simple but pretty checkerboard pattern

Friday link love for your weekend enjoyment:
***Tutorial for DIY yarn ornaments - what a great way to use up those leftovers.

***Rosette headband in fuchsia (I own this one <3! There are more in the Coco Rose Couture shop).


***Adorable stationery from the Whimsy Whimsical shop.


Hopefully I'll have pictures to share when I get back!
Happy weekend and happy knitting :)

1 comment:

Sarah B. said...

Your cowl turned out lovely! The colors are great :). Have fun in Atlanta - my parents have been to the World of Coca Cola and they loved it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...