30 October 2010

FO: Flower pin, more Laura cowls

Katie very kindly sent a picture of herself styling her flower pin - look how cute!


I've been accepted into a great craft fair on November 11, and I'm currently working on building up a little bit more inventory to take with me. Here's my stack of Laura Cowls in progress (raspberry, claret, pine, and grey marble).


At the urging of N, I picked up some dishtowels at Marshalls yesterday, to make those old-style hanging dishtowel things. I'm sure that's very descriptive and you know exactly what I'm talking about. Here's an example from another Etsy seller.  Any suggestions for other items that you think would be welcome this holiday season?


This particular craft fair is really exciting because sellers donate a percentage of their profits to Esperanza Community Services, a group dedicated to providing "instruction and services to people with disabilities to reach their fullest potential toward a productive and independent life in the community."  One of the great components of their programming is a dedication to the arts, and they have an art school that helps students with everything from expressing their creativity to team work to art therapy. I'm really looking forward to knowing that my sales can contribute to something like this. If you're in the Chicago area, I'd encourage you to come out to the fair! I'll give more details about time and location closer to the time.

And last but not least, here is a nearly-finished object, currently taking its turn in the blocking sink. I'll take some more photos when it's laid out and when it dries - the color goes really well with my new hair (get ready for a surprise!)


Happy weekend :)

2 comments:

addicted_to_Yarn said...

I know about those Towel things you are talking about and they are ever so handy!!!...
How about some great mittens??

Allison said...

Great idea, Lisa! I have lots of partial skeins that would make neat striped or colorwork mittens.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...