07 May 2009

Nearly there, plus new yarn

One sock is finished and the other is one pattern repeat away from the heel flap (after which things start to move much faster, what with all those plain stockinette stitches on the bottom of the sock). Pictures? Well, sure!



Yesterday I didn't have any classes, so the bf and I went downtown to Loopy Yarns (and Target and Old Navy and Chipotle... it was such a good afternoon!). I absolutely loved the store. The woman working behind the counter was really friendly, they had an amazing selection of yarns, and I got a student discount. And fancy tote bag to carry home my new yarn. Be still, my heart (and my wallet!). I can see myself heading back there many more times, and I'm really glad we finally managed to go.

Here's the loot - Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Montrose. I'm planning to make Monkey socks as soon as these Vipers come off the needles.



Have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

Team Knit said...

that blue sock is awesome!! And you definitely scored some great yarn or your future monkeys- I just knit one for a sock swap, and I couldn't understand what the fuss was about the Monkey sock until I knit one- they are AWESOME!

- Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...