23 April 2008

Fits and Starts

I've got a case of start-itis, and I'm blaming it on Ravelry.


My queue is full of exciting projects that I can't wait to knit, but I have so many things sitting around that require finishing. Knitterly confession coming up: finishing is my least favorite stage of the knitting process. I'm sure some of you are with me on this, right? I love having the finished project, I just don't enjoy weaving in ends, washing, blocking, blah.



Come to think of it, this is sort of how I feel about writing papers, too. I love getting the big ideas down, reading primary and secondary sources, constructing arguments in my head, but when it comes to the final stages of editing, I sort of, well, burn out.



My plans for today and tomorrow include lots of paper editing, so I intend to give myself a break on the knitting front. The Rusted Root sweater just needs to have its sleeves bound off and it neckband knit? The Ribby Bolero requires about 6 more inches of knitting and 5 minutes of sewing to be ready to wear? Too bad!







I'm made myself a lace headband and I've started a beaded change purse. Ha.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...