21 August 2006

Not exactly neutral...

Hey! This is a knitting blog, right? I've been knitting. Here's something that I'd like to count for Project Spectrum neutrals month, even though it's only sort of neutral.
A stripey sock (there's grey in there! Look closely!):

Wendy! I am jamming away on these bendy needles, and I'm loving what happens to sock fabric with a switch from my usual US3s to US2s! I think I'm a convert to smaller needles :)
What a great weekend!
It was wonderful to catch up with my friend, the future Dr. We had a delicious dinner in Greek Town, got caught running around Michigan Ave. and Water Tower Place in a surprise downpour, and made up for it with Ghirardelli hot chocolate. I'm looking forward to seeing him (and his twin brother) again over Christmas break.
I have to admit that I didn't enjoy "Snakes" as much as I was hoping to. It did satisfy my craving for absolute ridiculousness, but the only part I really enjoyed was when the lights shut off on the plane and in the background you hear one man softly say "snakes!". If you can watch a whole movie just for that and the infamous "m-fing snakes" line, you should go see it; otherwise, hold off until you can rent it. Or avoid it altogether :)
The countdown for another wonderful weekend has begun (do you notice I seem to be living for the weekends? In my mind, that's a sad, sad way to spend summer vacation). Mr. Boyfriend arrives Thursday night - at 3am, crazy person - and I have vowed to have my papers finished before he gets here. Wish me luck!

The Latest List:
41. My favorite cookies are oatmeal raisin.
42. I go through phases of using lotion and not using lotion. Mostly this means I have many many bottles of lotion sitting around on my dresser.
43. I take more pictures now that I have a digital camera than I ever did with a regular camera.
44. I've been wearing glasses since I was 5 and contacts since 7th grade.
45. I have a collection of those smashed penny souvenirs from places all over CA.
46. Every time I've gone backpacking in the last 5 years, I've sprained one of my ankles.
47. My family makes leprechaun traps every year for St. Patrick's Day. They don't work as they're intended to, but we sometimes catch mini leprechaun clothes. And lots of glitter.
48. I'm hoping to go to Disneyland next summer on a joint graduation trip with my sister, who will finish high school when I get my Masters.
49. I'm moving in 9 days!
50. I love drinking smoothies for breakfast, but I truly dislike cereal.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Okay, here's what I've been wondering: how do the snakes get on the plane in the first place? I mean, does someone just say, "I know what let's do, let's ship these highly dangerous snakes destined for the zoo in quasi-stable crates on a plane." Or, "Well, boys, it looks like it's too hard to slip plastic explosives on the plane so instead, we're going to sneak a large number of large snakes onto the plane."

About the socks: neutral is a state of mind.

AmyArtisan said...

The smashed pennies sounds like a fun collection - I'm not sure what happened to the few that I picked up at assorted locations as a kid. :)

wendy said...

I'm glad you like your needles.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...